From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) De Bibliomeno
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 21:49:00 GMT

Reply:  Item #8567332 from URTH@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

Nutria,

Re: Broken Mirrors and typos.  While not denying what you wrote,
we are to cut some slack for BM because:

(1) it really is a micropress;

(2) it provides affordable Gene Wolfe stuff for the masses (BIBLIOMEN
and EMPIRES OF FOLIAGE AND FLOWER were both originally Cheap Street
books);

(3) Gene Wolfe gave Bryan Cholfin a standing ovation when Cholfin won
a World Fantasy Award in 1995; and

(4) BM has gotten out of the book business to focus on its magazine,
"CRANK!"

As for the story in question, since I don't have the Cheap Street
edition I was hoping against hope that the story would be found in
the special Wolfe issue of "Weird Tales"--alas, it is not, so I can't
help you.