From: Jason Voegele <voegele.6@osu.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) PEACE
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:20:58

I haven't had a chance to look at the People chat yet.  Is Wolfe denying
that Weer killed most/all characters or is he denying that Weer killed
anyone at all?  I seem to recall reading somewhere (I think in CASTLE OF
DAYS) Wolfe saying that he tried to keep "the sinister elements" hidden in
PEACE, and that he believes that "some people did not even notice the
sinister elements at all."  To me "sinister" seems too strong a word to
refer to the fact that Weer is dead, so I believe Wolfe was referring to the
murders here.

I did pick up "The Changeling".  Wow!  I don't think Wolfe intended this
story to be explicitly horror, but this kind of story scares me a heck of a
lot more than your average Stephen King novel.  Are the two Peters in the
story (the narrator and the mysterious kid) are the same? How so?

Jason

<--prev V2 next-->