From: Scott Dalrymple <ScottD@wycol.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Wolfe.con
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:55:38

>deserve fine editions. The new trade edition of THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR DEATH
>AND OTHER STORIES AND OTHER STORIES, I just love saying that, is a step up
>from the paperback 1st ed. but a hardback is needed.

Of course there is a hardback edition-- I'm lucky enough to have a first
edition.  But it is a bit old, and not very findable.  :)

On that note, I'd be interested in discussions with anyone who believes
they have a fine Wolfe collection.  Mine is probably decent, though some of
you may have better.  My prize possessions are a paperback of Operation
Ares, a signed copy of the original Plan(e)t Engineering, a hardcover of
The Devil in a Forest (which Wolfe was kind enough to send me as a gift),
and a signed Cheap Street edition of Empires of Foliage and Flower, among
others.  Any other ardent collectors out there?

Scott

<--prev V5 next-->