From: "William H. Graham III" <William.H.Graham.III@cdc.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Collectibles
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:31:58

I while ago I contacted Ms. Kidd and agreed to buy reprint rights for
the <<Wonders of Urth and Sky>> stories ("The Boy Who Hooked the Sun" et
al) for the purposes of printing a fanzine.

Now that project has gone belly-up as my would-be-financial-backer went
and did something silly like buy a house, but out of all that, I have a
very nice letter from Mr Wolfe regarding my request for introductions to
the stories.

The fountain pen cranberry-inked signature is striking.  If anyone could
ever be excited about something linked with a failure, this is it for
me!

Incidentally, my brief correspondance with Ms. Kidd gave me to believe
that she is one of the classiest people I've met.  Her letters, as well
as Mr. Wolfe's, are the crown of my collection.

Could someone please tell me again of Mr. Wolfe's engagement in
Baltimore next year?

-WHG3

PS Easton Press had 8 copies of "Shadow" as of Thursday. Get em while
they're hot!
--
"Spelling mistakes?  Impossible: I own an error-correcting modem!"

<--prev V5 next-->