From: Joel Priddy <jpriddy@saturn.vcu.edu>
Subject: (urth) Returns
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 97 17:43:44 EST

It's been what, four months since I was last on this list? MOved
to the Big City and haven't made arrangements for reliable access
in my new digs. Since then I've picked up the Dr. Island book and
treated myself to the new editions of TBONS. This is the first
time I've read it with the Lexicon sitting next to me. Hugely
informative, of course, as has been all the exposure to the ideas
on this list.
I've been
reading with special attention to the whole question of whether
Severien's Christianity is metaphorical or literal, or just what
is the nature of religion in the Coomonwealth in general. Anybody up for
reopening that can of worms? Also dug up The Best of Cordwainer
Smith on the general recommendations of this list.
Anyway, the point is that I have access for at least the next
week or so, and thought I'd dip my boots into the old stomping
grounds.

cephalothorax

<--prev V6 next-->