From: m.driussi@genie.geis.com
Subject: (urth) Yesod, Briah
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 98 22:48:00 GMT

Reply:  Item #2092170 from URTH@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET02#

alga,

Could you rephrase your question(s)?  Are you asking about Kabbalah
(in all its wooly forms), interpretations of the Urth Cycle (in all
its wooly forms), the intersection of these two sets, or something
else again?

Kabbalah has only four "worlds," which seems to be what your "ten
parallel universes" is relating to, but you are conflating sephiroth
(the ten sephiroth) with worlds (there are four in Kabbalah and "at
least three universes" in the Urth Cycle).  Most K-worlds have more
than one sephira to them.

So your question is . . . ?

=mantis=

P.S. I agree with Mark Millman re: Koran/Chinese.  Not that it
matters much--a single person could speak both languages (for example,
among the communist forces during the Korean War).  (Note: Hethor is
not described as a "xanthoderm," that is, he looks as European as the
Commonality.)  Then again, I myself speak Japanese (years of college
level instruction, years of living in Japan) and Korean sounds very
much like Japanese to me, beyond what the dictionary will tell you
about both being monotone, etc.  Both Korean and Japanese owe a huge
debt to Chinese, but "tone" is not one of the features either language
borrowed.

=m=