From: m.driussi@genie.geis.com
Subject: (urth) Peace Assoc.
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 16:22:00 GMT

Then again, the first time I read PEACE I thought of it as being a
lot like SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE; that Weir was "unstuck in time" like
Billy Pilgrim of that novel; but that PEACE had a Faulkner flavor to
it.  That is, I didn't grasp that Weir was already long dead--I
thought he might be dying of a heart attack or simply so old that he
lived only in a half-life of random access memories colored by dreams
and fantasies (i.e., that rationalization of Billy Pilgrim's plight).