From: "William H. Ansley" <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Casting Call
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 00:46:17

>Okay, we've got lots of serious subjects cooking. How about a frivolous one?
>Surely all of us have an an occasional fantasy of a dream production of
>these books. Who would you cast? Because we're all of different ages (I
>presume), let's say that the actor doesn't have to be his or her current
>age--usually, that would mean that s/he would be a younger version. I'd
>start with:

This sounds like fun, but I think guessing who Hollywood might actually
cast, but who would be totally wrong for the part, is more fun. The problem
is there are so many to choose from! <g> (Please note, I don't think most
of the people on my list are bad actors, I just think that they would be
very wrong for the role I have given them.)

My Worst Case Scenerio BotNS Cast

Severian: Keanu Reeves
Dorcas: Kate Winslet
Dr. Talos: Wallace Shawn
Baldanders: Computer animation or guy in costume with voice of James Earl Jones
The Autarch: David Bowie
Vodalus: Billy Zane
Thecla: Geena Davis
Jolenta: Dolly Parton