From: sph1635@utsph.sph.uth.tmc.edu
Subject: re:(urth) Claw Power in BOTNS
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 12:41:30

	I like this explaination. The only area that I cannot find an explaination
for is that of the time at the end of SWORD, when Severian enters the
forrested hills for some weeks without any food. What I had always assumed
is that energy was released from the claw when it's pyx case broke. But,
then I remembered (from somewhere, I do not have any proof right now) that
Severian does make reference to the lake and how it resembles the gem. So
is it from one of these sources that Severian is able to survive in the
hills  without any nourishment? If not, then what is sustaining him?
						Xury