From: adam louis stephanides <astephan@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: (urth) Apology for inadvertent pomposity
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 14:55:31

I wrote:

> I wasn't worried about being misquoted.  What did concern me slightly was
> the possibility that my conclusions might be given without the reasoning
> behind them, making them appear more speculative than they are..

Several hours after posting this, I realized it made me sound as if I
thought that anyone seeing my reasoning would be convinced by it, which
wasn't what I had meant at all.  What I had really been afraid of was that
my ideas would come off as being wild speculations with no basis in the
text; but I hadn't wanted to suggest that Mr. Broderick would treat me in
such a way.  I really should learn to wait before posting.

--Adam