From: mary whalen <marewhalen@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) Hethor's mirrors
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:29:47

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

A while ago I think there was some question about how big Hethor's
mirrors would have to be for him to get all those creatures through
them.  It's possible that all the creatures had a small original form
or that they can fold their bodies enough to make it through.  That
would take care of how Hethor could carry small mirrors around with
him that bring out large beings.

However, the mirrors (that's what they're always called in the story,
so I'll assume he has more than one) could summon large beings
withought being large at all. With three small handmirrors arranged on
the ground in a triangle with each bent back at an angle, in the area
where light from the three combine, a fairly large creature could
appear.  Remember how Jonas never goes through the Inire's mirrors, he
just stands between them at the point of confluence and is sent away.

prion