From: Matthew Malthouse <matthew.malthouse@guardian.co.uk>
Subject: Re: (urth) LU Questions Answered
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 03:54:33 +0100

m.driussi@genie.com wrote:

> Or, to put it in a skiffy way: if John F. Kennedy gets into a time
> machine and travels to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, is
> he still "President" while he sits there eating his meal and watching
> the universe collapse in the Grand Gnab?  His nation is gone, his
> planet is gone, his solar system is gone.
>
> Dinner Cow: "So you still claim you're really the President?"
>
> JFK: "Well, I was.  And I will be when I get in the time machine and
> get back home--after I've finished eating you, of course."

No, the protocol officer flunked briefing you there. :)

Once a President always a President. If you ever have a Very Large Cheque to
waste on an after dinner speaker remember this, otherwise Mr President Ford,
Mr President Carter or Mr President Bush may decline the invitation.

On the other hand you could fire the protocol officer, split the money 50/50
and I'll do the speaking engagement. I doubt anyone will really care.

Matthew
(Appologies for the trivia)