From: Peter Westlake <peter@harlequin.co.uk>
Subject: Re:  (urth) Relative & Absolute
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 11:25:04 +0100

At 04:37 1998-09-02 EDT, CRCulver@aol.com wrote:
>Mantis said:
><we know that O is a machine
>raising the child-like (if not actually juvenile) B&F>
>
>The fact that Barbatus and Famulimus are consistently child-like puzzles me.
>If the Hierodules have notoriously short lifetimes, how do we account for the
>perpetual youth of B&F?

Isn't it only Baldanders who says they have short lives?
Maybe he is fooled by the way their time interacts with
his: if they spent a score of years with him, then went
back forty or more, the discontinuity might make him think
he was dealing with different people. Two visits, with the
second lot of visitors saying "hello, pleased to meet you"
could very easily give that impression.

Peter.