From: CRCulver@aol.com
Subject: Re:  (urth) Hierodules
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:27:13 EDT

Mantis said:
<Or do they just grow up into those silent giant statues that roam the
gardens of the House Absolute?>

I thought  it was pretty well established that those are electronic
surveillance devices that Inire uses to monitor the grounds of the House
Absolute. I'm sure they are referred to as "Father Inire's pets," or "Father
Inire's eyes" somewhere in the BotNS.

And he pondered:
< I wonder about Adam and Eve, and the naked couple dropped of by Hierodules
in the play as well as (repeatedly?) in the reality.  (Re-seeding the fairie,
as it
were.)>

I always used to assume that those people were Hierodules, but not necessarily
Famulimus and Barbatus. I must comment here, however, that the point of
reseeding Urth and giving it back sentient life is so that *humanity* will be
able to create the Hierodules, since there was the chance it was the right
Sefiroth at the right time. So, the people dropped in the Garden of the HA are
human.
The hypothesis lately has been raised that the Meschia and Meschiane of Ushas
are actually sailors from the Ship Tzadkiel, but I'm not yet convinced.

Christopher R. Culver <crculver@aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html