From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Weer is not dead.
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:30:56

At 09:52 AM 8/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I still think the Chinese pillow implies some chance do it all
>differently, but perhaps I've been reading it too literally.  Are there
>any Roman Catholic traditions in which Purgatory provides a chance to undo
>the wrongs done in life?
>
>-Rostrum

	Though not a Catholic myself, as a practicing theologian I have never
heard of such a thing. Purgatory in RC theology is a way of coming to peace
with all that has happened in your life; it is the anteroom of heaven (not
some separate place). And I think that this is the basic meaning of *Peace.*
	On the house question: Weer has built this house out of his life; it is
the house of his life, not a physical building. As he explores this house,
he comes to grips with his life -- passing judgment on it, so to speak,
before standing before the Supreme Judge. Remember Jesus' words in Matthew
7: all of us build houses either on rock or sand, and such "houses" are our
lives. Thus, I don't think Weer's house is really a "memory palace" (such
as Latro uses) or a physical building.

Nutria (Jim Jordan)