From: Jon Camfield <GriffJon@Mail.UTexas.edu>
Subject: (urth) Re: Granny? Dorcas
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:25:48

Ugh. a thought occured to me.  What if Dorcas isn't the right body for the
mind?  What is Sev subsconsciously filled in "Cas's" memories as the
boatkeeper had related them (note Dorcas' similar action to Miles later on:
follow Sev around, dazed)?  Dorcas' later memories could be her true
memories emerging, or maybe continuing being written by Sev during the
journey.

*shudder*  Could Dorcas be Severian's sister, who happens to resemble her
mother greatly (explaining the Ouen comment)?

OK, that's pretty far out, yes, and again I'm kicking myself for not having
my books available to dig through for more references.

Jon Camfield      "GriffJon"  	|Webmaster, Plan II Honors Program:
GriffJon@mail.utexas.edu   	| www.dla.utexas.edu/~plan2
Homepage, Gallery, Resume:	|Channel Manager, Undernet #Poetry
 ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~griffjon 	| www.tripod.com/~ircpoetry
"The most incomprehensible fact about nature is that it is comprehensible"
-- Albert Einstein