From: Kieran Mullen <kieran@phyast.nhn.ou.edu>
Subject: (urth) Re:  Digest urth.v019.n014
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 19:15:17

Robert Borski writes:

>I also think it's fairly obvious that Valeria is Catherine's mother
>(meaning Severian has slept with both grandmothers).

  Umm... Obvious?   Isn't there a problem with time here?

>Catherine also has access to the Corridors of Time.

   Ah!  So that's how you get around this one.  Care to explain why
you think the above are true?

   I had hoped that Wolfe was a great writer.  From this mailing
list he seems to be like one of those hack mystery writers who
have the butler just coincidentally be the father of Lord Billings
*and* be the brother-in-law of the deceased.

                Kieran Mullen