From: Matthew Malthouse <matthew.malthouse@guardian.co.uk>
Subject: Re: (urth) Catherine the thief, adrift in time
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:17:55 +0000

Robert Borski wrote:

> Also in regards to Caesidius resembling Severian (as Eata notes), this is
> because he is Severian's maternal grandfather. And Catherine, his daughter,
> is easily adult-age when the deluge strikes. Severian's been gone several
> decades, after all.

Okay, rather than consign you all to the mad house mayby I should first ask
how much of this discussion depends on information from the LEXICON URTHUS
which I have not read?

I can see the lovely lines being drawn here for the various relationships of
the characters, but I can't relate what's being suggested to TBotNS & TUotNS -
what am I missing?

Matthew