From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) Science, Her Methods
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 98 00:26:00 GMT

Re: Science, scientists, and the Scientific Method.  I thought that
Science proceeded by way of cutting edge experiments; said
experiments derived from hyptotheses (by definition based upon
guesses), and by definition these experiments are "successful" less
than one hundred percent of the time.  In fact, the failures usually
=outnumber= the successes.  In any event, it is a =guessing= game.

Am I wrong?  Did all that intellectual labor go out with the
alchemists?  Has Science become some sort of orthodoxy of divine
transmission?  Have scientists become a species of cargo cult,
waiting for the next Truth to come tumbling out the cornucopia of the
vast complex?

(Here, let me hook up my 1989 cold fusion reactor to my mid-century
Dean Drive.  Quick trip to see the canals of Mars.)