From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) 'Westwind'
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:23:03

Wolfe says in the intro. to Storeys from the Old Hotel that the your
interpretation is what he was aiming at.  Doesn't mean other interpretations
can't hold water, of course, but Wolfe was aiming at the God version.
Actually, I think that's the more natural interpretation, as well--for me at
least, the dictator version only began to exist for me after I heard someone
else explain the story that way.  It doesn't fit the feel of the story, in my
opinion.

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32