From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Graves & Orwell, also St. Peter
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:28:14

At 07:30 AM 10/20/98 -0400, alga wrote:
>And I frequently run into an essay on him in some place like The New York
>Review of Books. The last one was pretty recent, and the essayist argued
>that his best book was Homage to Catalonia and his worst (which he admitted)
>Keep the Aspidistra Flying. But even that is still in print.

In fact, the most recent NYROB piece on Orwell was about _The Complete
Orwell_, a 20-volume scholarly edition of literally everything the editors
could find ever written by Orwell, from juvenalia to, I believe literally,
grocery lists.

The reviewer started off by asking, "Why Orwell?" but then quickly admitted
that the collection was fascinating and sets a new high-water mark in the
presentation of the works of a canonical author.

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html