From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Chesterton. Gaiman
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 18:12:00

At 05:54 PM 11/7/98 -0500, alga wrote:
>Well, hmmm,  the second. I've never read a word of -Sandman-; I suppose I
>should. Though I cottoned to Gaiman right away as an interesting short story
>writer. That "Troll Bridge" (?) keeps coming back to me at the oddest
>moments.

Well, I'm quite fond of _Sandman_. It's very easy to overpraise it, but
there's some really first-rate work in it, especially in the scattered
short stories. Wolfe is, by evidence, a reader of it, of course; he had a
story in the _Sandman_ prose collection a couple of years back. (One of his
folk music stories--does anyone have a list of all of these?)

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html