From: David_Lebling@avid.com
Subject: (urth) Severian the Liar
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:55:39

It might be interesting to collect Severian's lies.  It has been remarked
on occasion that he is an unreliable narrator, but we haven't listed more
than one or two of his misleading or incorrect statements.  Just to get
things going I'll mention one I noticed last night (yes, I've been
compelled to read it again).

In _Shadow_, after Severian's first visit to the House Azure, he remarks
that after that he gave Roche (Drotte?, whomever) the money and never went
back.  However, later on, when he is with Agia, he remarks that he had been
with "hired women in the town," implying multiple visits.

     -- Dave Lebling
     (aka vizcacha)
     (david_lebling@avid.com)