From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Compleate Wolfe
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:54:17

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 m.driussi@genie.com wrote:

> You asked about the most efficient way to get all of Wolfe's short
> stories and novellas.  I'm not sure I understand, exactly--are you
> worried about overlapping stories in different collections?  There
> isn't that much overlap (so far, at least), I don't think.

Oh.  I don't own any of the Wolfe story collections yet, and I'd
remembered that Castle of Days, for instance, had all the stories from
Wolfe's Book of Days, so I imagined that there might be other similar
overlaps.

This site lists the following collections of Wolfe's short works:

http://www.sfsite.com/isfdb-bin/exact_author.cgi?Gene_Wolfe

The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories and Other Stories (1980)
Gene Wolfe's Book of Days (1981)
Plan[e]t Engineering (1984)
For Rosemary (1988) - Poetry collection.
Storeys from the Old Hotel (1988)
Endangered Species (1989)
Castle of Days (1992)
Young Wolfe (1992)
Bibliomen (1995)

Are all these pretty much non-overlapping except for the Book of Days?
Are there any other collections that have more than one Wolfe story, or
would I have to basically hunt them down one at a time from here?

-Rostrum