From: "Jack Redelfs" <jredelfs@hotmail.com>
Subject: (urth) Forlesen -- Thoughts?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:24:07 PST

Wow...I just finished reading Forlesen. Amazing. I think it might be my
favorite Wolfe story so far. One of the things I liked most about it was
the subtle humor, almost Dilbertian (ok, so Dilbert is not very
subtle...you know what I mean) in effect. The ending was pure Wolfe...we
don't _really_ expect him to spill the beans in the end like an Agatha
Christie novel (though he likes doing odd things to keep his readers
wary...maybe he'll try that one of these days). I don't know where to
begin to ask questions. I'm sure you've all talked about this story
before, but how about some general opinions.

Off the top of my head,

 1. Is Forlesen a computer program?
 2. Is he a ghost?
 3. Are the other people computer programs?
 4. What about the hitchhiker?
 5. What about the red book?
 6. And the sudden deaths?
 7. Why does every surname start with an F...
 8. What about those shifting columns that he saw, just before the cop
came...does that mean it was all an illusion?

anyway...