From: "William H. Ansley" <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re:  Digest urth.v022.n046
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:03:50

Kieran Mullen <kieran@brigit.nhn.ou.edu> wrote:

>>He realizes that he has been
>>dancing in the air over the lookout point, with a very long drop below him.
>
>   This is Christic imagery, too.  From the temptation in the desert, where
>the Devil quotes scripture about angels bearing up the messiah if he should
>fall.  IIRC, Tib casts demons out of the computer system, no?

Quite so. And you do recall correctly; I will be getting to the Gaderine
Computer scene eventually.

There is a *lot* of Christic imagery in "The Eyeflash Miracles," as I note
in my first posting. I am deliberately ignoring this, except occasionally
when it ties in with the Oz imagery. Wolfe manages to combine the two in
clever and complex ways, as you might expect. This doesn't mean I don't
welcome your comments; I do. And I would be glad to hear from anyone else
who wants to comment on Christic imagery in "The Eyeflash Miracles."

William Ansley