From: Patri10629@aol.com
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v022.n048
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:35:15 EST

Hi, I'm new here.

My teacher told me this newsgroup is where to go to delve into serious
literary criticism/commentary re: Gene Wolfe--a writer of some merit, I'm
told, who transcends the typical SCI-FI. I've not read him yet but I hope to
start. And I had hoped to garnish some insight for my senior thesis:
"Exceptions To The Rules of Mediocrity in Popular Genres." But what do I find?
Pompous summaries of Paul McCartney's old group before Wings. Theological
Meditations on Gilligan Island. Heck, I can get that anywhere on the net--Why
go here? And another thing:

" Because I could not stop for Death,
   He kindly stopped for me;
   The carriage held but just ourselves
   And immortality.

That's the last verse to "The Yellow Rose of Texas" not a TV themesong. Don't
you people know anything?

Newt