From: Jack Lyons <revjack@radix.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Green <spoiler for _Long Sun_>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:38:52

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Kevin J. Maroney wrote:

:Telling us that Pas was Typhon tells us a great deal about
:exactly what kind of man created the Whorl and Mainframe.
:We don't get a lot of insight into Pas's mentality
:throughout _Long Sun_, but we don't need to--we've met him
:already, and he's metaphorically Satan.

Typhon struck me as more of an "Uebermensch" (Overman), what
happens when a human considers himself without bounds and
acts thusly. c.f. Hitler, Stalin, etc. Typhon was
responsible for too much creation/progress to be Satan,
metaphorically or otherwise.

--
revjack@radix.net