From: "Roy C. Lackey" <rclackey@stic.net>
Subject: (urth) Re: Kevin Malone
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 19:20:35

Welcome, Allan Lloyd!

    As one of the "two opposing views" I feel obligated to respond, but I
hardly know where to begin. Someone said _I_ had "too many Malones"!  I
don't understand why you state that "all the servants have the same name".
The current servants certainly don't.
    You also seem to be mixing mythologies. On one hand you have Kevin in
the role of Yahweh in The Garden, then as a Christ-like figure. Not to
mention Betty in the role of Jesus with the crucifixion/resurrection
allusions.
    Nor do I see any evidence in the text to support the notion that
Marcella has suddenly "seen the light", so to speak, and found God. If a
hangover was the hallmark of salvation, then atheists the world over would
stop drinking! <g>
    Finally, the phrase "rich man" only occurs once in the last sentence, at
least in my edition.
    Don't be discouraged; only those who stick their necks out risk
decollation, and I was never even an apprentice in the Order of the Seekers
for Truth and Penitence.

    Say, you didn't happen to read the Gilligan's Island stuff in the
archives, did you? <G>

Roy