From: "Tony Ellis" <tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk>
Subject: (urth) re: Are TBOTNS and UOTNS Christian Texts?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:18:09 +0100

Ori Kowarsky wrote:

> I just wanted to second Rostrum's eloquent and elegant defense of a textual
> reading of Wolfe's work.

Thirded.

> "[speaking of the Conciliator] Would they not have wished to walk with him,
> if they could?  Stand beside him when he was in danger?  Care for him,
> perhaps, when he was ill?  I have been such an acylote, in a creation now
> vanished.  In that too there was a Conciliator and a New Sun, though we did
> not use those names."
>
> Now, I'm guessing that in a Catholic interpretation of TBOTNS, this would
> serve to distinguish *our* universe -- in which Jesus existed and the future
> will play out according to certain prophesies -- and Sev's universe, which,
> I am disappointed to discover five books into the story, is not ours at all.

I don't understand why you think Sev's universe can't be ours. The
"creation now vanished" Tzad is talking about is his own universe -
which may or may not be the same as ours and Sev's, it doesn't really
matter. How does its having a Conciliator and a New Sun mean that Sev's
can't have a Christ? Sorry if I'm being thick.