From: Kieran Mullen <kieran@brigit.nhn.ou.edu>
Subject: (urth) Re:  Digest urth.v027.n011
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:40:55

>On Wed, 26 May 1999 13:29:21, Robert Borski wrote:

>>>For isn't Jonas, a former servitor of the Hierodules, from Yesod? ... This
>would allow for Jonas/Sidero to have crashed in the future ...<<

   In one of the postscripts Wolfe speculates that there is only one
ship like Tzad's.  I always sorta thought that Jonas and Hethor came
from the same crashlanding.  However, we don't really know how long
Jonas has been on Urth - he could have been there for years before
Hethor showed up.

   It seems unreasonable to think that Tzad's ship crashed on Urth since
it is so huge.  Surely there would be some notice!

>mantis asks:
>> ... the
>> central mystery seems to me to be: what is so upsetting to Jonas?  It seems
>> to be something(s) that the prisoners told him, rather than just an
>> upwelling of empathy for their terrible situation.

   I always put this down to delerium.  His organic parts are feverish and
that's causing problems for him.  He seems more delerious than simply
panicky.

                Kieran Mullen