From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@sirius.com>
Subject: (urth) Station Sign
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:15:32

Re: that symbol in the presence chamber that makes Jonas say he's on Urth.
I didn't mention this before, but yes, it =has= always reminded me of the
special individualized symbols at every jaunt platform in Bester's THE
STARS OUR DESTINATION--this is a case where everybody (well, nearly
everybody) can teleport via psionic power, but to keep things orderly they
usually "jaunt" from platform to platform, and to aid the process and avoid
misjump, each platform has its own glyph-sign-thingie, to serve as a
mneumonic.

Which is interesting because the presence chamber =is= something of a jaunt
platform!