From: "Kuhlmann, Kurt" <Kurt.Kuhlmann@qwest.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) Dorcas as outcast?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:09:40

I took it as simply the same thing as painting "Dear Adolf" on a bomb during
WWII -- the lead shot is inscribed with the word "strike" to help send it on
its way and make it a more effective missile.

In other words, the lead shot wasn't specifically intended for Dorcas.  It
was simply sling-stone ammunition that was also handy for weighting corpses
before throwing them in the lake.