From: "Greene, Carlton" <CGreene2@hunton.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) Re: "strike" on the lead weight [Digest urth.v028.n042
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:13:57

Fortunately for Dorcas, they were not of the pyrotechnic variety described
elsewhere in TBOTNS -- otherwise, her regurgitation of them in Thrax might
have sent her the way of little Severian -- gone in a flash.

It also raises some rather odd toxicology questions -- could a normal human
being really walk around for as long as she did with a belly full of lead
shot without suffering brain damage or, at the very least, a really bad
tummy ache?

I prefer my women unleaded, thank you.

C/