From: "Daniel Fusch" <dfusch@hotmail.com>
Subject: (urth) Question about Ossipago
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:47:19 PDT

Hello!

I also have a question about Ossipago, come to think of it. Can the reader
intuit from reading The Book of the New Sun that Ossipago is a robot? If
not, then it seems very unlike Gene Wolfe to throw that tidbit of
information out there (in "Urth"), where the reader need not reach for it.
That takes away half the fun!

On the other hand, it may be that the reader IS able to deduce it from hints
dropped in "Book," but I missed the hints. I remember reading that
Ossipago's joints did not match those of a human--but does this imply that
he is mechanical in nature?

Any thoughts?

Daniel Fusch