From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re: Tales
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:20:12

At 10:21 AM 10/28/99 -0400, you wrote:

>My candidate for the most recent Brown Book is Borges and Bioy Casares'
>*Extraordinary Tales*. It's out of print now, having been translated and
>finished up by Herder and Herder in 1971 and suffering obscurity even
>among Borges' own works. It fits Severian's exposition and the Brown
>Book's own subtitle-- my first edition has featureless brown cloth
>binding.

	Could this be *The Book of Fantasy* by B & BC, published by Viking in
1988? It's a collection of stories by other authors first pub'd in 1940 in
the Argentine. The first is by Akutagawa, but this edition is arranged
alphabetically (aleph-abetically?) by authors. There's a Bradbury, a couple
of Chestertons, etc.
	Let us know if it's the same book.

Nutricious