From: JMCAzurin <mikah@brewsoft.com>
Subject: (urth) RE: postmodernism, OTism, continent-ism
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 01:26:13 +0800

This is just an idle observation. I'm not certain if it's been brought up
before but....Wolfe translates 'Apu-Punchau' as 'Head of Day'. In Tagalog,
at least, and possibly other languages spoken here in southeast asia, the
word 'apo' means leader.

  Before I discovered this list, I was trying to find reasons for Nessus
being somewhere south of here. Given that Nessus is supposed to be
somewhere in a huge land mass, that would mean that the oceans would have
receded by the time of the first empire. Indonesia, Malaysia, the
Philippines, Guam, Borneo - all landlocked, the northern parts of which
would be 'the hot lands of the north' (near the equator).

  That would put the Ascians in a not-so-hot area north of the equator:
China, the former USSR. Both communist countries, which is more or less
what the Ascians are. (Ascians=Asians?) I intend no racial slurs here - I'm
a Southeast Ascian myself.

  (Yes I know this is a crazy theory *g*)

  Does anyone speak native south american languages? Those people crossed
over into the Americas over the land bridge at the Bering Strait, and are
of Asian descent too. Perhaps there is a similar word for 'leader'?

Mikah

> From: "Tony Ellis" <tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk>
> Subject: postmodernism, OTism, continent-ism
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:27:49 -0700
>
> Alga wrote:
> > the stone town is Athens (and that when you go back a million years
[say] at
> > that lattitude and longitude you find yourselves not in Greece but in
South Am.