From: "Jim Henley" <jlhenley@erols.com>
Subject: (urth) Loony Presents and Futures
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:42:06

Okay, we got three terraformed planets (in the old sense) we know about in
the solar system: Skuld, Lune and Verdanthi, aka Venus, The Moon and Mars.
Two questions:

1) What's going on on those three worlds during the tail end of the Age of
the Autarchs?

2) What are the effects of the New Sun on those worlds?

Frex, might the NS kill all the vegetation on Lune, returning it within a
couple of centuries or a millenium to the appearance we all know and love?
Was the terraforming of Skuld possible only with the cooling of the Old
Sun? Did life on Verdanthi really start to _suck_ as the OS grew weaker
over the millenia? (It's interesting that while Lune is green, Verdanthi is
still?/again? red...)

I'm especially interested in hearing relatively rigorous planetological
speculation on point 2, but theories on point 1 are more than welcome. Do
the exultants travel freely between Urth and the other worlds of the solar
system? Are the other worlds also terminally poor, bitter-end societies
like we know on Urth? Are they playgrounds for the remnant of "rich"
humans? Or are they they Checkpoint Charlies of cacogen defense policy?

Best,

Jim
"All God's children got a little bit of soul
 but not that much . . . "
              -- Graham Parker, "Obsessed with Aretha"