From: "Jim Henley" <jlhenley@erols.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) Messianic
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 22:31:52

Which brings up another question: Did someone have to _put_ the black hole
there? Might it not have just happened?

Puts me in mind of one of Niven's Louis Wu stories (darned if I know which
one, it's been twenty years) in which he meets an alien whose species
assumes that absolutely any bad thing that happens is a result of hostile
action. Or was it a Beowulf Schaffer story? And did I spell "Schaffer"
right? And isn't it interesting that "Neutron Star" could never happen, and
what does that imply about "hard" SF? And am I full of questions tonight or
what?

Best,

Jim
"What fades in time        Costello/
will hurt much more"  Bacharach, "My Thief"