From: "Daniel Fusch" <dfusch@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Loony Presents and Futures
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 22:24:35 PST

Regarding Question # 1:

When Severian is talking with Rudesind in chapter V of TSOTT, they mention
the theory that Vodalus might hiding "in the forests of Lune." That this
suggestion is even made suggests that it is, in fact, possible for an Urth
exultant to hide in the forests of Lune; Rudesind's comment that if Vodalus
in on Lune, it may be a while before the Autarch catches him--seems to
suggest that travel from Urth to Lune is difficult...at least to the point
at which you have trouble landing large search parties there.

That's one possible reading, anyway.

Question #2--I have no idea about this one.

--Daniel