From: "Jim Henley" <jlhenley@erols.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) The Conciliator
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:01:41

Good job, Nute: that's two out of three, and an excellent two. The Urthes
say that everything in the saga has three levels - the science-fictional
(plot/world) significance, the literary (allusive) significance and the
religious significance. Your theory does nicely for the latter two: alas,
it still doesn't explain how Erebus survives being land-bound and
giant-sized. (One possible explanation: Erebus isn't really a giant.
Another: He's a "chem," giant robot division.) Nor does it quite explain
why the warm-water Abaia is in league with the ice-god Erebus. But you've
reduced the number of things I worry about by one, for which I thank you.

Best,

Jim
"It ain't the knife thru your heart that tears you apart
  it's just the thought of someone sticking it in"
              -- Graham Parker, "Protection"