From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@apocalypse.org>
Subject: Re: (urth) New Sun Mysteries FAQ?
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 13:31:26

OK, we have mantis's permission to crib from his list of New Sun mysteries.

I've been thinking about copyright law, which protects only the expression
of a work, not its ideas. (Only a patent can protect an idea, and no one
has patented the idea of a list of New Sun mysteries.) This means that
while it would be nice to have Mr. Seeley's blessing on the New Sun
Mysteries FAQ, if we cannot locate him in 1999 (fifteen years after his
piece was posted to Usenet), we need not wait for his permission to
incorporate the _gist_ of his questions into the FAQ. We cannot legally use
his actual prose or even a close paraphrase, but we can nevertheless use
his piece as a guide for creating a list of questions of our own.

That said, is anyone willing to compare Seeley's list and mantis's, and
distill them down into a single list, to be posted here?

If no one volunteers by Sunday, I'll put it together myself.

Ron H-E
--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>