From: "Alice Turner" <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (urth) Not an answer to anything
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:16:17

Well, I am blown away by mantis's quite amazing precis of TBOTNS for GURPS,
as I expect the rest of you are. I've only read it once through, and I know
there are a few points where I could quibble (as could we all, contentious
group that we are) but I think it's beautifully done, and--sorry,
mantis--rather a triumph of un-mantic exposition. A Great Job. Seriously.

Back to Ron and the putative FAQ. Ron, since you have mentioned my doubts on
this, could I ask you to please publish here Donn's original Mysteries
posting? Plus mantis's (again, same as you emailed me). I think we need more
input from others. I'd like to say that I think Donn struck an awfully good
note or tone with his Mysteries (1992) and though we've gone far beyond
these, of course, we might try to stick to that tone in expanding it. The
mantis precis is a wonderful guide for a FAQ, actually. It shies from
literal answers, just as I do--you who want the answers out flat need to
deal with that.

-alga