From: "Josh Levitan" <josh_levitan@hotmail.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n147
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 20:42:30 PST

Alga wrote, re: "The Ziggurat":

>When I referred to Tiptree and Russ, I was thinking of this story, but even
>more centrally of Tiptree's "Houston, Houston, Do You Read?" and Russ's
>"When It Changed."

Ziggurat reminded me very much of "Houston, Houston."  It seems almost like
a reversal of that story, with female astronauts coming into the past on
Earth, the primitive male killing most of them, and a "happy" ending where
the female is left to the mercies of the man.  It's interesting that Wolfe
uses the Tiptree reference in the previous story, not in this one, which
recalled her much more.

Narwhal