From: "Nil_Ultra" <Nil_Ultra@email.msn.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n185
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:52:13

>3. The book's cover shows Ransom struggling and apparently defeating an
>apeman. This anticipates the narrative in the semi-real world. Also, surely
>Ransom is a nod to Lewis, and to Jesus. Compare Ransom's wrestling with the
>Morlockian Un-Man in *Perelandra.* Also remember that humanity made itself
>bestial by listening to a serpent at the beginning of time.

Nutria,  Great post,  certainly a lot to think about,  but as far as number
three I would have to disagree in regard to man becoming bestial; It seems
more the opposite;  by eating of the fruit of knowledge,  humanity separated
itself from the beasts,  and the paradise of ignorance and innocence that
they live in.  Of course, this abandonment of innocence is what allows  the
potential for both good and evil.