From: mark millman <millman@us.ncipher.com>
Subject: (urth) "The Eleventh City"
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:56:08

Folks,

I bought the anthology _Such a Pretty Face_ (edited by Lee
Martindale, available in both hardcover and paperback from
Meisha Merlin Publishing) the other day, for the Wolfe story
"The Fat Magician" that it contains.  The story, which features
Sam Cooper, Wolfe's folklorist character, has an introductory
note that refers to three other Sam Cooper stories.  The first
two--"The Nebraskan and the Nereid" and "Lord of the
Land"--I'm familiar with, but the third--"The Eleventh City"--
I hadn't heard of before and was unable to find despite a
search of both my collection and _Locus_ magazine's on-line
Indices to Science Fiction.

Does anyone know whether "The Eleventh City" has yet been
published, and, if so, where?  If it's scheduled for publication
later this year, when and where will it appear?

If you don't want to clutter the list with your replies, feel free
to write to me directly at millman@us.ncipher.com.

I appreciate any help you have to offer.

Mark Millman