From: Jim Russell <J.A.Russell@exeter.ac.uk>
Subject: (urth) A walk on the wild side
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:14:54 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

This is completely irrelevant to the current field of
discussion, but I'm writing up my piece for the symposium
at the moment, and have just realised that there is a
question that I would be interested to hear anyone's
opinion on. Its fairly straightforward, so...

In Sword Cyriaca tells the story of the lost archive, and
states that at some point in the distant past the
starfaring dudes left their wild half behind, which was
then sold to the thinking machines who incorporated it into
their designs for cities etc, etc. Im sure you are all
fairly familiar with the passage. What interests me is:
What do you interpret this to mean? - or more precisely -
what do you think actually happened for these forms of
behaviour to be seperated?

Like I said, pretty straightforward, but I'd be really
interested to hear what anyone has to say.
Jim Russell
University of Exeter