From: William Ansley <wansley@warwick.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 01:20:01

"Talarican" <exultnttalarican@mindspring.com> wrote:

>  > Please discuss on the lists and/or send me your opinions:
>>
>>  * Is it really necessary to have two lists, or would one be
>>  more comfortable?
>  >

>Considering the frequency of cross-list and hybrid discussions, I'm inclined
>to favor a unified list, myself.

I also favor a single list.

>>  * Would you be offended or annoyed by advertising inserted
>>  into every message?
>>

>(sigh!) well, c'est la vie! Beats no messages at all. Would this require
>HTML capabilities on the part of our mail programs?

I would say an absolute no to any ads that were not plain text. I
would prefer no ads, but will put up with plain text ads rather than
have no list.

>>  * Is the ability to search the message archive for keywords
>>  useful to you?
>>

>yes, quite.

I consider the search capability to be a very good thing. And, if you
can include it in the next incarnation of the list, don't keep it
such a secret next time, i.e., put a link to the search page in the
addendum tacked onto every message or digest.

>  > Any other advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

See previous response.

>  >

>>  Ranjit Bhatnagar
>>  Keeper of the Urth and Whorl lists
>
>And once again, we are tremendously in your debt.

I heartily second this.

--
William Ansley