From: "Tony Ellis" <tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk>
Subject: (urth) re: 5HC details
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:45:20 +0000

> <1) Re the artificial-seeming age/decay of the buildings on Ste. Croix.
> (Have we already talked about how) This is another strong pointer towards
> Veil's theory being true--in that abos can't construct buildings; hence the
> buildings were built by humans, and then the humans were quietly, slowly
> exterminated and replaced. (?)>
>
> I like this idea a whole lot, as I do your other notion about the abo-rooted
> Wolfe family being "stuck" in human form. Not many people on the list seem
> to believe in the validity of Veil's Hypothesis, of course; your two points
> are effective counterpoint.

Let’s not get carried away here, chaps. :-)
A lack of new buildings may be a consequence of -partial- infiltration
by the Annese into the human colonies, certainly, but it’s no proof of
Veil’s Hypothesis. If the abos had replaced the human population, there
would be no new anything. Even the most decadent of civilisations
requires regular, widespread, daily use of tools. Who printed the
newspaper Number Five reads when he is released from prison? Who shoes
the horses? Why is VRT’s handwriting so much worse than anybody else’s?

If Maitre and his family are abos stuck in human form, how come they’re
all such a dab hand with the scalpel?

I would be more of a believer in Veil’s Hypothesis if Dr Veil herself
wasn’t the person who comes up with the most compelling argument against
it. As it is, I remain firmly in the Liev camp.

--
Tony Ellis
On-line Editor, PC Format magazine