From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Making sense of Castleview
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:39:37

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Tony Ellis wrote:

> Hmm. Anyone else a trifle surprised by Adam's choice? Obviously the book
> has its fair share of opaque passages, but I had always put the lack of
> discusion of Castleview down to its relative straightforwardness.

I immediately thought of Castleview when I read Adam's post.

I'd love to see you're "straightforward" summary of how it ends.

I remember one reviewer writting something like "Gene Wolfe stands at the
bridge as the critics come by one by one to try to figure out Castleview,
and all are knocked into the moat."  (The reviewer's sentence was much
better than that.)

-Rostrum